It’s up to you to understand who is eligible for certain coverages. Be sure to review the information below before you enroll.
As long as you are generally scheduled for 40 hours per week, but working at least 30 hours per week on a continuous basis, you’re eligible for:
- Vision; and
- Certain other benefits, including participation in the FSAs; and life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and disability insurance coverages.
As an eligible associate, your dependents are also eligible for certain coverages, provided they meet the definition of an eligible dependent. An eligible dependent includes:
- Your lawful spouse (as recognized by the laws of the state in which you reside).
- Your or your spouse’s eligible child, younger than age 26, including a:
- Natural child.
- Legally adopted child, or child placed with you for adoption.
- Foster child.
- Child for whom you’re required to provide health care coverage under a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO) or other court or administrative order.
- Your or your spouse’s child, of any age, who:
- Is totally disabled because of a mental or physical handicap that exists prior to age 26 and while covered by the Plan; and
- Continues to be your tax-dependent.
Please note: Part-time associates who are scheduled to work less than 30 hours a week are only eligible for critical illness, hospital indemnity, and accident insurance, group legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, purchasing power services, and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
When Benefits End:
If your employment with Safelite ends or you become ineligible for benefits, your benefits will terminate the last day of your employment or eligibility.